Joint Murph Workout
At Japanese Martial Arts Center and Legacy Shorin Ryu - Kitchener
Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 7:15am
What is a Murph?
It's a workout in memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2005.
- 1 mile run
- 100 pull-ups
- 200 push-ups
- 300 squats
- 1 mile run
- (You can partition the pull-ups, push-ups and squats and complete them any way you like.)
Participants may donate funds to help support Fisher House - an organization that builds residences so families of veterans can stay nearby for free while their loved one gets medical treatment.
There are four ways to participate:
- Full Murph: solo participant completes the Murph while wearing a 20-lb vest
- Light Murph: solo participant completes the Murph with body weight only
- Team Murph: up to 5 team members divide the Murph exercises any way they like
- Donation only: support Fisher House through JMAC & Legacy Shorin-Ryu with a donation
You DO NOT have to be a member of either dojo to participate or donate!
100% of net proceeds go to Fisher House!
There are 4 donation Levels
Learn more about Legacy Shorin-Ryu Kitchener here: http://www.shorinryu.ca/kitchener.asp
Learn more about Fisher House here: https://www.fisherhousemichigan.org